Derby Dog Dash
Do you have a speedy small dog?
Enter your pup in the Derby Dog Dash and get in on all of the racing fun. This beloved event offers all the competition and pageantry of horse racing - on a much smaller scale.
What time is our race?
The final entrants, race numbers and starting times will be posted here approximately 36 hours before your race.
QUESTIONS? Please call (707) 545-4200 x396 OR Email firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Derby Dog Dash Race Dates
- Sunday – August 6
- Sunday – August 13
- Sunday – August 20
Race distance is approximately 50 yards (+/-)
- Heat 1st Place - $20 / Heat 2nd Place - $10
- Championship 1st Place: $100 / Championship 2nd Place: $50
- ALL Derby Dog Dash races are FREE to enter!
- Dog owners can park in any of the Fairground lots and will have to pay to park.
- Admission to the Fair is free for dog owners (2 free admissions per dog).
- Please take all dogs through Gate 1, just to the right of Grace Pavilion as you face the pavilion. You will not need an admission ticket but you will need to be on the pre-registration list.
- Two persons per dog will be admitted through the gate.
- All dogs must remain on a leash and in the Racing Grandstand Area. Dogs are not allowed on the rest of Fairgrounds property.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct by the handlers will be cause for immediate elimination, at management’s discretion.
INFORMATION MAY BE USED FOR PUBLICITY OR PRESS RELEASES.
RACE OFFICIALS WILL GROUP DOGS WITH SIMILAR WEIGHT & RACE EXPERIENCE WHEN POSSIBLE.