2016 Sonoma County Fair, July 22 - August 7
- July 22 - August 7 (Closed on Mondays)
Wine Country Racing Dates
- July 28 - July 31
- August 4 - August 7
- BONUS WEEK OF RACING AFTER FAIR:
August 12 - August 14
- Gates open daily 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Main Carnival open daily 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
- Kiddy Carnival open daily 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Exhibit buildings open 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Fair Closed Mondays
Location & Directions
- 1350 Bennet Valley Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95404
- Click here for directions & area map
- Click here for a fairgrounds map
- Click here for a parking map
- Click here for an accessibility guide
Fair Box Office - Located in the Administration Building
Monday - Friday Pre-Fair Hours: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM. The Sonoma County Fair Box Office is located at 1350 Bennett Valley Road in Santa Rosa. Tickets are not available by phone. Open Saturdays 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM starting June 11.
Please note: There are handling fees for all tickets sold on-line. We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, debit cards and cash. Sorry, we cannot accept personal checks.
Fair & Carnival Pre-Sale Discounts
All tickets go on sale Saturday, May 14 at the Box Office at 8:00 AM and online starting at 12:00 NOON. Discounts available until July 21 or while supplies last.
- Single General Admission Tickets
(Ages 13+) $12 Value - Pre-Sale Price $9
- Single Kids Admission Tickets
(Ages 7 - 12) $6
- Kids (6 and Younger)
FREE Every Day
- Carnival WOW Coupon
$35 Value - Pre-Sale Price $25
Includes: tickets for 10 rides OR an all-day Carnival Wristband to enjoy unlimited rides (all ages), 2-for-1 play coupon, free popcorn and gift (subject to change). Sold only until July 21, while supplies last.
**(Not recommended for use on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays)
Box Office Only Pre-Sale Discounts
Season Passes, Family Packs & Carnival Economy Packs will be sold at the Fairground Box Office ONLY and will be available through July 21 or while supplies last.
- Season Admission Pass
(Non-transferable) $180 Value - Pre-Sale Price $40
One person may attend all 15 days with this pass!
- Family Pack
$55 Value - Pre-Sale Price $40
Includes: 3 General Admissions, 2 Kids Admissions, one $7 Parking Pass.
- Carnival Economy Pack
$282 Value - Pre-Sale Price $115
Includes: 6 Too Good To Be True Coupons for the price of 5, good on any “Too Good To Be True” day; Too Good To Be True Coupon Includes: Gate Admission and an all-day Carnival Wristband to enjoy unlimited rides (all ages).
Fair Admission Discount Days
Deals valid day-of only and are available at the gate only.
Seniors' Day Thursdays
Seniors 60+ receive free General Admission to the Fair every Thursday.
Kids' Day Fridays Children 12 and younger receive free General Admission to the Fair every Friday.
Food Bank Fridays
Bring 2 non-perishable food items for the Redwood Empire Food Bank and get $2 off on General Admission to the Fair every Friday. Limit: 1 discount/person.
Carnival Discount Days
Deals valid day-of only and are available at the gate only.
Too Good To Be True Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays
$23 includes Gate Admission and a Carnival Wristband to enjoy unlimited rides on Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays. Fairgoers may purchase regular gate admission only if they do not wish to enjoy the carnival. Carnival Economy Pack accepted on these days. WOW! Coupons are accepted on these days but does not include gate admission and is not recommended for use on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.
Carnival Pay-One-Price Fridays - Sundays $35 includes a Carnival Wristband to enjoy unlimited rides. WOW! Coupons accepted on these days.
Wine Country Racing Tickets
Please Note: Purchase of Fair Admission is required to attend Wine Country Racing and must be purchased in addition to seating (except for Bonus Week).
RACE DATES: July 28 - 31, August 4 - 7, PLUS BONUS Week after Fair: August 12 - August 14
- Grandstand Seat - $3.00
- Box Seat - $5.00
- Preferred Grandstand - $5.00
- Season Box Seating - $810 includes 8 days of Fair admission & box seating for 6
- VIP Tent - $30-$37/pp, 50 person minimum. Includes a VIP tented location near the racing grandstand that is yours for an entire day. Enjoy an all-inclusive, catered BBQ buffet lunch for your guests with non-alcoholic beverages, security and serving staff, fair admission, parking and more! Limited availbility.
- Trackside Dining - $150 per table of 4. Reserved table for 4 within the box seating sections. Includes table service and elegant buffet meal. Drinks sold separately. Available for purchase at the box office and online.
- Paddock View Dining - $500. Reserved seating section for up to 26. Includes Fair admission and official racing programs for the group. Food and drink are sold separately. Catering options available for additional fee. Available for purchase at the box office only.
Parking fees are charged for all vehicles, including those with disability placards.
- Pavilion Lot - $10
- Median Lot - $10
- Veterans Lot - $8
- Brookwood Lot - $7
- Aston Avenue Lot - $7
In order to develop an equitable parking policy, we have increased the number of parking spaces for disabled persons, and the same parking fees for each lot are charged for all spaces in that lot. Please be advised that the number of spaces for disabled persons is still limited, however, and early arrival is the best method of obtaining a more close-in space.
Free Bicycle Parking
Free and secure bicycle parking is available at the southeast corner of the Median Lot.
Parents' Rest Station
A clean, quiet place to nurse or change your baby or take a break in the shade. Open 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. in the Kids Area, just inside the Brookwood Gate
Located by the Milk Barn and Racing Grandstand just south of Sliders Gastro Pub & Sports Bar, previously known as the Showcase Cafe.
Lost & Found
Items are taken to the Info Booth at the entrance to the Racing Grandstand until 8 pm, and to the Special Events Office on the east side of Grace Pavilion after 8 pm.
Reclaim your lost child at the Parents' Rest Area in the Kids' Area until 8 pm, and to the Special Events Office on the east side of Grace Pavilion after 8 pm.
Strollers & Wheelchairs
Available for rent during the Fair inside the Brookwood Gate. A valid driver's license, state ID or military ID is required for deposit.
- Strollers $10
- Jogger Strollers $15
- Double Strollers $15
- Wagons $15
- Wheelchairs* $15 ($5 on Seniors' Day Thursdays)(250lb limit)
- Electric Scooters* $50 per day (450lb limit)
- * First Come, First Served
The following items are not allowed on the fairgrounds:
- Pets, with the exception of service dogs
- Glass bottles or metal cans/containers
- Knives with blade longer than 1.5 inches
- Guns, mace, clubs or any item determined to be a weapon by Fair security
- Alcoholic beverages (none allowed through gate; beverages are available for purchase on the grounds)
- Squirt guns or balloons (through the gate)
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters
- Ice chests or food purchased from restaurants outside Fairgrounds
Homemade lunches or snacks and a container of water per person will be allowed.
All buildings on the grounds are wheelchair-accessible; an elevator with operator is on the north end of the racing grandstand to access upper level. Click here for an accessibility guide
For your convenience, ATM machines are located throughout the Fairgrounds, including:
- Near the Brookwood Gate
- In the Wine Country Racing Grandstand
- In Mexican Village
- Around the carnival lot
- In Grace Pavilion
Sonoma County Fair Smoking Policy
The Sonoma County Fairground is a smoke-free campus, Sonoma County ordinances 5974 and 5953. During the Fair we provide limited designated smoking areas as noted below.
- Outside the Chris Beck Arena
- Designated open patios in the Racing Grandstands
Once inside, stop by our information booths for daily schedule updates, lost & found or general assistance. Information Booths may be found:
- Inside the Brookwood Gate
- Near the main entrance to Wine Country Racing Grandstand
Thanks to Professional Event Service for sponsoring the 2016 Information Booths!
Take advantage of our affordable and convenient RV Park!
Ask about special Fair rates at Flamingo Conference Resort and Spa! You may also check out our list of local hotels within 5 miles of the Fairgrounds.
The Santa Rosa Convention & Visitors' Bureau maintains a list of other area hotels and motels.
Please use the blue cans placed throughout the fairgrounds for your cans and bottles!