Derby Dog Dash
All eyes are on the track...but not for horse racing. The hottest racers around are actually little dogs!
After a brief hiatus - the Derby Dog Dash is back!
The Derby Dog Dash is held Sunday, August 7 and Sunday, August 14. Canines under 25 pounds are eligible to compete.
August 14, Racing Schedule
The first heat will begin at approximately 1:15. Click Below for the August 7th Derby
Dog Heat Schedule.
Derby Dog Schedule, August 14th
- The final entrants, race numbers and starting times will be posted here approximately 36 hours before the race.
- There will be a maximum of 8 preliminary heats.
- If there are fewer than 96 entries, the number of heats will be adjusted accordingly.
- The top finisher from each heat will advance to the Championship Race.
- Unfortunately your dog must remain in the Grandstand Area and is NOT permitted on the rest of the Fairgrounds. Only service dogs are permitted on the Fairground Midway and we apologize for the inconvenience.
- Race distance is approximately 50 yards (+/-)
- Download, sign and return the Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement
Mail or deliver Waiver to: 1350 Bennett Valley Road, Santa Rosa, CA 95404
OR Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read the official event rules here
- Fill out the online entry form below. (All fields are required.)
PLEASE NOTE: We will NOT be accepting paper applications (faxed, mailed or delivered). All entries must be done via our online system.
The dog races will be held at the Racing Grandstand on the Fairgrounds. The registration booth will be located on the bottom level, outside the grandstand and facing the racetrack across from the Winner's Circle.
You will not have access to stadium seating at the Sonoma County Fair (seating is $3 per person). There is plenty of shaded space in and around the Grandstand, please feel free to bring your own chairs. We will have water available for the dogs. You can bring your own bowl or use community bowls that we will provide.
- Dog owners can park in any of the Fairground lots and will have to pay to park.
- Admission to the Fair is free for dog owners (2 free admissions per dog).
- Please take all dogs through Gate 1, just to the right of Grace Pavilion as you face the pavilion. You will not need an admission ticket but you will need to be on the pre-registration list.
- Two persons per dog will be admitted through the gate.
- All dogs must remain on a leash and in the Racing Grandstand Area.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct by the handlers will be cause for immediate elimination, at management’s discretion.
INFORMATION MAY BE USED FOR PUBLICITY OR PRESS RELEASES.
RACE OFFICIALS WILL GROUP DOGS WITH SIMILAR WEIGHT & RACE EXPERIENCE WHEN POSSIBLE.
Do you have a speedy small dog?
Enter your pup in the Derby Dog Dash and get in on all of the racing fun. This beloved event offers all the competition and pageantry of horse racing - on a much smaller scale.
QUESTIONS? Please Email email@example.com